Dental caries prophylaxis using fluoride products
Removal of dental plaque
Removal of sub-gingival and supra-gingival dental calculus
Sealing the teeth fissures
Individual oral hygiene instructions
Individual selection of oral care tools
During a day teeth surface becomes covered with food remains, microorganisms and dead cells of oral mucosa epithelium that form on teeth a whitely grey, hardly visible layer of soft plaque. If this plaque layer is not removed with toothbrush completely (100 percent), its residues irritate gums and within several days cause gum inflammation. If they are not removed longer, soft dental plaque gets mineralized and becomes dental calculus. If dental calculus is not removed, inflammation continues, gets more intense and periodontum becomes damaged. Pathological teeth pockets form, melting of bone tissue proceeds and finally teeth are lost.
Only dentist or dental hygienist may remove dental plaque and calculus effectively. It is important to understand that continual care helps to avoid problems caused by dental diseases and save time as well as money. Constant visits to dentist, dental hygienists no less frequent than twice a year should become a habit for those who treasure their health, because teeth and gum diseases have a negative effect on all our body.
For those with dental implants, braces and dental prosthesis a good dental hygiene and prophylaxis are especially important.
Signs of good oral hygiene:
- Your teeth are clean, there are no food remains
- Gums have pink color, are not painful
- Does not bleed when cleaning with toothbrush and dental floss
- You are not troubled by bad breath
With assistance of ultrasonic scaler we remove dental calculus very easily and this way reduce an amount of harmful bacteria located sub-gingivally.
Effect of ultrasonic scaler:
- Vibration of instrument head removes even the hardest dental calculus attached to tooth surface
- Water flow washes food remains, blood from tooth surface and moistens it. That provides conditions of better visibility of work field to a dentist
- Movement of instrument tip in water creates bubbles that having exploded destroy membranes of bacteria cell walls
Sealing the teeth fissures
Teeth sealants – materials that are placed on fissures of chewing teeth surfaces. In case teeth fissures of some teeth are so narrow and deep that it is impossible to clean food remains out of them. Sealants protect teeth from development of dental caries in fissures. Sealants are usually used for children aged 6-12 years. They are placed immediately having the first molars erupted. Filled teeth are not covered by sealants.